Social Media Matters: How the Title Industry Can Harness This Powerful Marketing Tool
As a title company owner, you may already know that an effective marketing plan is a must for promoting your brand to both existing and potential customers. However, you may not be aware of the important role social media can play in your marketing efforts.
If you’re not using social media platforms to engage with your target audience, you run the risk of falling behind your social-savvy competitors. Think of it this way: Implementing a marketing plan without social media is like using a flip phone in a world of smartphones. You may get your message out there, but it will only go so far.
So, how do you step up your game and make social media one of the stars of your marketing plan? It begins with understanding why social media matters for businesses, including the title industry.
What’s the Big Deal About Social Media Marketing?
As the consumer environment becomes increasingly social, businesses are recognizing the need to leverage social media to build, maintain and nurture relationships with their target market. In fact, The Harris Poll, on behalf of Sprout Social, surveyed more than 1,000 U.S. consumers and 250 business executives to better understand how they use social media and its impact on an organization.
The findings include:
- 91% of executives anticipate their company’s social media marketing budget will increase over the next three years, and the majority expect it will increase by more than 50%.
- 85% of executives report that social data will be a primary source of business intelligence for their company moving forward.
- 78% of consumers are more willing to buy from a brand and 77% will choose a brand over a competitor after a positive experience with a brand on social media.
Chances are, your target market is regularly using social media every day — so it makes sense to meet them where they are. Social media allows you to effectively build relationships with your target market by bringing them engaging content and the ability to communicate with you through direct messaging and comments.
In addition, social media presents you with an opportunity to tell your own story, humanize your brand and increase your brand awareness. You can share the latest updates directly with your target audience, enjoy a broader reach than with email marketing and watch your brand become more familiar to new leads and existing customers. Increased visibility helps to gain their trust and increase their interest in your company.
By consistently posting to social media, you can stay top of mind and demonstrate a commitment to maintain regular conversation with your audience. You can also drive traffic back to your website and allow customers to message you directly to have questions answered. Plus, adding social media to your marketing mix lets you catch a glimpse of what your competition is doing.
If you’re on the fence about investing time and money in social media marketing, it’s good to know that you can grow your audience and promote your business with little to no cost by utilizing social platforms. That’s because social media marketing is one of the most cost-effective methods of advertising — costing far less than traditional media, yet offering a significant return on investment.
And, according to HubSpot, 84% of social media marketers generated increased traffic with a weekly commitment of only six hours.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Social Media Presence
Are you ready to see how social media marketing can help grow your title company, but you’re not sure where to start? It makes sense to begin by staying top of mind and increasing brand awareness among your current clients.
Here are some tips for nurturing this audience:
- Post fun informational facts about your services/industry
- Make announcements about new services, acquisitions, or any news your title company may have
- Tag and mention specific clients in your posts
- Respond to and engage with any accounts that have tagged your agency
Next, it’s time to promote your business to a wider audience, including prospective clients. This can help to not only boost brand awareness and keep your company relevant but can also position you as an expert in the industry and create client trust in your company/brand. Plus, by attracting and building a following, you can generate new leads.
Here’s how to engage with this audience:
- Post reviews from previous/current clients
- Create posts capitalizing on your target market’s aspirations and concerns
- Create engaging posts that teach your target market about the real estate/title industry
- ASK your audience what they want to know, and create polls or posts that encourage followers to interact or respond
- Use social media ads to boost your posts and businesses — but use them sparingly, as they do show up as ads to your audience.
Proliant Helps You Maximize Your Marketing Plan
As a title company owner or an entrepreneur, you may wonder how to focus on marketing when you’re charged with starting, owning and operating a successful title agency. Fortunately, Proliant’s private-label franchise system allows you to focus entirely on how you make your connections and build your brand, while we provide you with backend title production and ongoing support.
Proliant helps you become licensed by the best underwriter for your particular agency. Plus, we offer everything you need, from software and technology infrastructure to processing and consultation, so that you can focus on maximizing your marketing plan.